9 October 2008

Halo Recon.

Well, Bungie have announced their Halo 3 expansion campaign. It's about a drop-pod recon soldier in what looks like the city of New Mombassa on Earth when the covenant invade which i think is during Halo 2 (honestly can't remember the plot of Halo 2 very well as it was a pretty terrible singleplayer game).

I'm probably not going to buy this expansion since, though i don't tend to sell my games after i purchase them, i do not like having my content or games tied to an unreliable piece of hardware... nor to my user account. However, saying that, i actually like the look of the game. Not the fact that it looks like a 'sneaky' type of FPS but the Super Intendant and his help really appeals to me. Something that hits my psychological nerve about persevering through hardships and continuing to fight anyway.... i like the fact that his systems are damaged but the AI continues to try and help people (and specifically your recon unit) through those tough times.

I guess i'm just a sap for that old story: Droid meets droid, droid becomes chameleon, droid loses chameleon, chameleon turns into blob, droid gets blob back again, blob meets blob, blob goes off with blob and droid loses blob, chameleon and droid.

Oh, wait...

No comments: